G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 21   V1s1t3d by: 74 users
08.09.2011 - 22:20
Guest69464
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
WARNING: I will be stepping on toes in this post, so if you're easily offended, please post your stock flame now.

Can someone please explain to me what exactly happened to this game? How it went from a promising new idea using technology previously unheard of to a stomping ground for wannabe trolls and pokemon? Why all the mods and most of the veteran players left and in their stead are the so-called turks and isrealis who half the time have to use google translate to know what their "buddies" are saying over global?

What happened?

Recently, the admins decided to post the afterwind rules, which most people had already deducted. they are as follows:

1. Be polite to other players (this includes no insults, racist remarks, or other forms of harassment)
2. Use English only (other languages may be used in private or clan chat, and in private, password protected games)
3. Do not spam in chat or forum (including flagrantly off topic posts)
4. Do not farm, or exploit bugs (please report bugs using the in game feature or send a PM)

"Be polite to other players (this includes no insults, racist remarks, or other forms of harassment)"

When has this rule ever been followed? or enforced? Oh yeah, when guest came back.

"Use English only (other languages may be used in private or clan chat, and in private, password protected games)"

Once again, with the apparent invasion of turks and isrealis, this rule has been repeatly broken. And even if I do say so myself, 15 minute global bans just aren't cutting it.

"Do not spam in chat or forum (including flagrantly off topic posts)"

Mods, ban me now. I, as well as a very, very long list of other players and aliases have broken this rule already. The only reason this rule seems enforced is two reasons: solunae is still recovering from recent bannings, and other than them, there's really no one left TO spam.

"Do not farm, or exploit bugs (please report bugs using the in game feature or send a PM)"

I have to say, this is the one rule that has been very well followed. Though you guys still need to fix that email/server reset glitch.

Does anyone remember the days when you could have at least 2 mods on at pretty much all times? The days when rank 7 was something that was rare, and Liodagilbert led the top players list? The days when /int/ vs. /v/ games... existed? The days when MoS was thought of as OP, IF was shit, and PD was... well... that thing was always OP mang.... Does anyone remember Vasilisk? King Cow? Urlander? the Semper/NoE/Warborn wars? The days when this game was good? when we had 100+ people on the weekends? What happened guys?

Please discuss(flaming is allowed, though be prepared for OH NO deleting of posts by guest, and if you know who I am.)

P.S. http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=471
^^ best. thread. evar.

P.P.S.
Anyone remember Sinecure?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
08.09.2011 - 22:57
Yes, I remember those day's. But they don't matter, the present does. Learn from the past and change the future.
The "trolls" are only having a good time, if you got to know them better you would learn their just having fun
The "rules" are generic but they work sometimes- I agree, the mutes don't cut it...but they are much much better than a 20-day ban like I got so be glad it's only that at the moment- and if you don't like what a person say's simply ignore them. Or if you're one of those people who doesn't like to ignore people or whatever, than ask them if they could please not say anything rude to you- they will definitely understand...unless you get on their bad side haha, but even then i'm sure they would understand. The Afterwind community may not seem to be tightly knit, but it is a bit. I've met a bunch of great people on here, and hell, a few helped me out of some "bad decisions", and even in one case...well I won't go there lol

Guest14502 deletes posts because it is his job, although it would be sooooooo much better if instead of deleting they introduced a "censored, view at your own risk" button, where the post in sealed up when you load a page unless you press the button to see it, and in some severe cases deletion of posts would still be fine.

Vasilisk and Vafika have left the building my friend, it's sad. Vasilisk (Multikultistrong) was a cool dude although I never really knew him, and every time and again i'll say hi to Vafika on skype or something. King cow...I've no idea where he went, he was cool too. I knew Urlander pretty good, but I haven't seen him lately. These "Semper/NoE/Warborn wars" didn't exist my friends- every clan for a good while had "wars" (the active ones that is) so you should have put in a few more But nobody cln wars anymore because of the lack of players and how Solunae's members brag a lot and make people just not want t play them, no offense. If you want to enjoy Afterwind, I would suggest being as nice as you feel comfortable with and try to make friends from every corner of Afterwind. Also, never take what anyone say's seriously unless they say so on here- a lot of people joke around and have a good time but a lot of people take it to seriously oh, one more thing; try to just have fun playing match's, don't betray you're teammate(s) unless you have good reason and don't get angry when you're losing or being ally-attacked. If you feel the need to start yelling/squeaking at them, just simply leave the game and forget about it, or you can give yourself a little bit of honor and surrender or fight till' death. Hope this helps

P.S.
I remember Sinecure, never really spoke to him, but he always gave me the impression that he was a genius or something haha
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 00:16
>Guest says Afterwind is dying

Don't remind me...
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 03:09
Ill still be here
----
i know there's an answer i just don't know what it is yet
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 11:47
Ironail
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Untapped potential...
This game was going to be the best browsergame ever. But there is no progress and improvement, so much suggestions by the players where overlooked, still no working ladder ranking, a community which doesn't grow and doesn't play cws, no rated team games.

30.05 - Casual games. Are you kidding me? That was seriously the last new thing in this game.
http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1513 <- This thread is almost three months old.
And finally: There are simply not enough good players to compete with, so this game isn't a challenge anymore.

I can imagine that a few players doesn't agree and are still having fun here, but for me, this game is dead.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 13:49
Samnang
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
This game is good, but the community sucks shit through a straw. Mods are shit, etc.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 13:56
Samnang
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
"2. Use English only (other languages may be used in private or clan chat, and in private, password protected games)"
I hate English, but i still do it. I would rather write in Thai, but i get muted. I guess Turkish is allowed. They should just rename the game KebabWind

"4. Do not farm, or exploit bugs (please report bugs using the in game feature or send a PM)"
Bullshit again. Lots of players including mods use the reforming line glitch (make a new line within an existing line to keep a city infinitely safe)
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 14:27
Yeah that infinite line glitch is starting to annoy me.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 14:28
Wr1tt3n by Guest, 09.09.2011 at 11:47

Untapped potential...
This game was going to be the best browsergame ever. But there is no progress and improvement, so much suggestions by the players where overlooked, still no working ladder ranking, a community which doesn't grow and doesn't play cws, no rated team games.

30.05 - Casual games. Are you kidding me? That was seriously the last new thing in this game.
http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1513 <- This thread is almost three months old.
And finally: There are simply not enough good players to compete with, so this game isn't a challenge anymore.

I can imagine that a few players doesn't agree and are still having fun here, but for me, this game is dead.

Amok's been living it up man, he couldn't have d it (although Ivan could have like, had some cool threads other than the art contest and stuff lol)
A lot of suggestions are apparently "too hard" to implement from what i've heard- making a successful game is hard, so I don't see why there can't be more major s like scenarios, just build up a bunch of hype and give us hints of what is in store to keep us occupied.

This just came to mind...should Afterwind go back to beta? a lot should still be implemented and whatnot...maybe the "old" beta could be renamed "alpha" or something. I just wish the mods and the admins were a lot livelier, yknow...instead of seem like the fearless gods of eternity be more like that guy who's always fun to be around. But yes, the game is dead and/or zombie at the moment, but it will get better.

Edit: If you want players to become better teach them how and make sure to be nice to them, you know...make them feel welcome in the game etc etc.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 14:30
This thread is full of whining too.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 14:31
Wr1tt3n by BASED Ironail, 09.09.2011 at 14:30

This thread is full of whining too.

Lol, why did you point that out? It's not like it matters
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 14:36
Just thought I'd highlight the fact that there have been 2 or 3 mods online almost every European evening these days (~Pinheiro and ~Guest14502, good mods, 5/5)
Also, the OP is just Vafika being bored, in case you missed that.
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 14:44
Samnang
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Wr1tt3n by BASED Ironail, 09.09.2011 at 14:27

Yeah that infinite line glitch is starting to annoy me.

You can get around it, but it's just stupid to have at all.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.09.2011 - 19:01
Wr1tt3n by Guest, 08.09.2011 at 22:20
Recently, the admins decided to post the afterwind rules.

In my opinion that is already one positive fact, since I've heard players asking for clear rules.
"Be polite to other players (this includes no insults, racist remarks, or other forms of harassment)"
When has this rule ever been followed? or enforced? Oh yeah, when guest came back.

Yes. And I might add that we are all trying to enforce it. I think it will be easier soon. Trust me.

"Use English only (other languages may be used in private or clan chat, and in private, password protected games)"
Once again, with the apparent invasion of turks and isrealis, this rule has been repeatly broken. And even if I do say so myself, 15 minute global bans just aren't cutting it.

I agree with you and we are working on it. All I can say for now is that the punishments are way worst than 15 minute global mutes, but in my opinion everyone deserves a chance, so new players are always warned before any real consequence. It's his decision to keep on going against the rules or not.

"Do not spam in chat or forum (including flagrantly off topic posts)"
Mods, ban me now. I, as well as a very, very long list of other players and aliases have broken this rule already. The only reason this rule seems enforced is two reasons: solunae is still recovering from recent bannings, and other than them, there's really no one left TO spam.

You answered your own question. If the spam is lower now with some players banned we're reaching our objective. And I'm not talking about Solunae members only.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.09.2011 - 13:13
My position has been for quite sometime not to implement new aspects in the game, balance it as is and refine it, since cargo ships as they are planned will bring further possible imbalance.
Also about the past community, look at the present, it really isn't as bad as presented.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.09.2011 - 13:32
Wr1tt3n by Aristosseur, 10.09.2011 at 13:13

My position has been for quite sometime not to implement new aspects in the game, balance it as is and refine it, since cargo ships as they are planned will bring further possible imbalance.
Also about the past community, look at the present, it really isn't as bad as presented.

Well, then the game would easily become boring without new aspects. Proof, the past few months. There will always be the guys who will play it as is, but the majority likes new aspects to keep it new and fun.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.09.2011 - 10:08
Ironail
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
It's not only about new aspects, which would be nice -> like player rankings based on who you beat, but also about fixing things like 1st turn blocks.
I agree with Arist's point not to add things like new units and strategies, but there is room for things like mentioned in the old "suggestions from multiple players of this game" thread.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.09.2011 - 10:31
I joined at the end of those days. I remember well, being a noob at the time. But I still did fairly well.
----
"There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made."

-The Silmarillion
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.09.2011 - 11:08

I completely agree with this, IMO we don't need new stuff yet. The game is still "fresh".
First fix 1st turn turnblock, infinite line thing and add more competition (regulate coalition's inactivity, and ladder system 1v1, 2v2 that has already been proposed with other things.)

If u start to add more and more things, without fixing past things, situation will be even worse. Btw, if you add everything you planned in 2 days, what are you gonna do later?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.09.2011 - 11:46
Wr1tt3n by Caulerpa, 11.09.2011 at 11:08

I completely agree with this, IMO we don't need new stuff yet. The game is still "fresh".
First fix 1st turn turnblock, infinite line thing and add more competition (regulate coalition's inactivity, and ladder system 1v1, 2v2 that has already been proposed with other things.)

If u start to add more and more things, without fixing past things, situation will be even worse. Btw, if you add everything you planned in 2 days, what are you gonna do later?

In my opinion, the "freshness" has turned "stale", it's probably because of how long I have played but still I see you're guy's point. How about;
1.Fix bugs first
2.Introduce the "to-do" lists"
3.Take idea's into consideration that have to do with balancing the game
4.Take idea's into consideration that have to do with other aspects, such as tick option, scenario options, game improvements etc etc

Just my latest thought.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
14.09.2011 - 03:18
Hmm, my thoughts were, no new news! I thought it were the holidays but even after those I haven't seen any new news/announcements.

What I think they should do is post something interesting every week, perhaps progress on what they are trying to make. This way Afterwind will look like it isn't dead and possibly even keeping a community for longer in this game. A game that is worked on seems to interest me more anyway, well if I can see it of course.

Apart from that, yes, there have been several good idea's in the suggestions section and I think that if they add some of those and make a news post about it how they got the idea's and gave credits to those, the community will feel closer to the development team which is very good and stimulates them suggesting more.

I don't play much anymore but I can say if they release more strategies, units, scenarios, features of any kind, I might play again some more.

Heck I would even play if my "Time" strategy gets in place! But that's perhaps a bit far fetched.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd