‹‹ B4ck t0 Bugs
G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 17   V1s1t3d by: 55 users
12.10.2011 - 20:22
Hi, I've a played a few games and every game I had a problem that if a enemy unit was near my wall (such as if a unit just broke a wall and still remained there) I couldn't make a new wall even close to the unit, and I'm not talking about wall glitching.The wall wasn't even touching the enemy unit and just wouldn't connect. I tried just making wall there, one time it worked but it was an odd wall that seemingly just happened to connect at the end of the week and the other times it was broken and did not attach

It's like the units do not connect now due to the fact a enemy is close by, this is easily abusable and needs to be fixed
----
Fight for Fruit
Assault for Aristosseur
Die for Desu
Violate for Vaglneer
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 00:36
There has been a change for walls, it's not a bug. If the enemy is close, you just can't make a wall. This is introduced to prevent making the 'unbreakable wall'. If you have walled your stack/city, it was possible to move the units back in the stack, and create a new wall fromout the stack every turn, so even if the enemy would attack, you wall didn't break. You could do this over and over again, so the enemy was unable to attack the stack/city. That's not possible anymore. If you want to create a wall in the city, just attack the enemy units nearby.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 11:59
This sucks, it makes it much harder to take a city and make a wall around it same turn, if he has any units around it, it is difficult to wall his cap. I guess when breaking the wall it is best to attack the mid section of the triangle and use enough units to kill all the defenders.

So every turn he should just move a unit outside his cap so he can prevent it being walled...
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 12:39
I don't see the problem with it. Walling enemy cities was easily (and largely) abused before this change. Also, the "unbreakable wall" is really hard to be made now.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 14:30
But putting a bomber next to enemy's capital in 1st turn so that he cant make d-line can be annoying (just a little digression)

EDIT: would it be possible to do that bombers can't affect making of defense lines? (like in previous system) but that other units can?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 14:35
Well pinheiro, I'll give you an example of why this is annoying.

say someone sends a bomber to break your wall, if the bomber survives another wall cannot be made unless the bomber is killed, meaning it really broke it for 2 turns, not just 1

EDIT: also what caulerpa said
----
Wr1tt3n by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Wr1tt3n by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 14:55
In my opinion putting a bomber to avoid you from walling your capital is less harm then wall your capital in the first turn, for example.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 15:06
I think you can still wall enemy cities, just not enemy units outside of cities
----
Fruit is right

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 15:10
But walling a capital in 1st turn is much harder if enemy is far since you need to use air transport, and to block d-line you only need 1 bomber. It's not a big problem though, things are better now than before just if this could be solved it would be even better.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 15:48
The main reason this update was implemented was the severe imbalance taht the unbreakable walls created between experienced players and new players. The unbreakable wall is by far an extremely unbalancing hack when taking into consideration new players. As the unbreakable wal grows in popularity, our chances of retaining new players dwindles.

i.e. New Player: "Why cant I break this wall? I've been trying for 12 turns now to take this one city. I won't ever be able to win any games this way."... player quits

It may need a little fine tuning, but, for now, it is better than the previous situation.
----
~
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
13.10.2011 - 22:17
The problem is that people will soon abuse this, if they put a bomber next to your cap first turn It could mean you lose very quickly. I for one empty my cap completely and just wall it since I use the infantry to expand, if a bomber were to ruin my wall, I would be screwed.

either way I hope something can be worked out to fix this, as it is pretty game breaking as well (atleast unbreakable walls ran out of units eventually )
----
Fruit is right

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
14.10.2011 - 02:24
The man has a point... I man Fruitcommando has a point...

Yes, there are pros and cons for this... To be honest there are still ways to wall up and stay walled but, they are time consuming... This also, means in serious games you play far. This also, means you have you need to be skilled...

The update in my view helps the skilled players more than the unskilled players.

The important difference was when people did do the unbreakable wall there were ways still to break it... Surround the place. Now, you just need one lone unit... which does make it a bit annoying.

I guess we just need to accept as part of the game... and move on.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
14.10.2011 - 02:45
I think it's good that this change has been made, although i completely agree with sific, it still needs change. Maybe a option should be, when a enemy is close, you can't build a wall. But: When you enemy wasn't close when creating the wall, the wall will stand. (Example, i attack a city and wall at the same time, the wall should stand as there is a enemy unit close. But if i attack and the enemy unit was already there, i'm unable to create a wall).

@fruit: The unbreakable wall was truely possible to hold on forever. If you moved the units out of the wall, back in the city, and you create a wall fromout the city when the enemy attacked; you just lost 1unit max (even if the wall was attacked on 2side's). So if you have a city with a reinforcements of 4, or more; you where able to hold on until the end of the game and you won't run out of units.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
14.10.2011 - 03:31
Well, since we all agree it's part of the game, let's agree on a name: Wall Blocking?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
14.10.2011 - 04:08
Wr1tt3n by Hugosch, 14.10.2011 at 02:45

@fruit: The unbreakable wall was truely possible to hold on forever. If you moved the units out of the wall, back in the city, and you create a wall fromout the city when the enemy attacked; you just lost 1unit max (even if the wall was attacked on 2side's).

if you put the units back into the city it had a chance to be turnblocked though.
----
Fruit is right

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
14.10.2011 - 07:02
Wr1tt3n by Hugosch, 14.10.2011 at 02:45
When you enemy wasn't close when creating the wall, the wall will stand. (Example, i attack a city and wall at the same time, the wall should stand as there is a enemy unit close. But if i attack and the enemy unit was already there, i'm unable to create a wall).

I must disagree on that one. If the system changes the way you say we will have the unbreakable wall again, since the reason to avoid walls being created when attacked is the exactly solution. If it was done the way you say, it would be almost the same as it was.

I agree it can still be used to weaken walls for rushing tactics and we need a solution to that.
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
08.11.2011 - 18:44
SuperiorCocoacow
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Wr1tt3n by Pinheiro, 14.10.2011 at 07:02

I agree it can still be used to weaken walls for rushing tactics and we need a solution to that.

So it still is not a glitch but just a solution which causes new problems.
Any news if there will be another solution soon?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd