G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 21   V1s1t3d by: 85 users
06.11.2011 - 20:21
I think we're all sick of waiting, it's been months. Re-introduce the donate option if you need more funding, but a new update is desperately needed right now. When will it be?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
06.11.2011 - 20:26
Admins no longer care. If they cared, they would keep us up to date or acknowledge our existence.

We have had many ideas, even harmless ones for a long time. Nothing happens. I don't blame them, AW probably isn't very prosperous. it was a great time waster with some nice cash on the side. They have moved on to other projects. Work, family etc.

For such a small, simple game, it shouldn't be difficult to maintain from time to time but they don't. Hope the best to them, it's a great game and it can be even better but some people have better things to do.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
06.11.2011 - 20:37
Wr1tt3n by Tik-Tok, 06.11.2011 at 20:26

Admins no longer care. If they cared, they would keep us up to date or acknowledge our existence.

We have had many ideas, even harmless ones for a long time. Nothing happens. I don't blame them, AW probably isn't very prosperous. it was a great time waster with some nice cash on the side. They have moved on to other projects. Work, family etc.

For such a small, simple game, it shouldn't be difficult to maintain from time to time but they don't. Hope the best to them, it's a great game and it can be even better but some people have better things to do.

If I had money i'd buy it, but i'm only 14. Not very possible, plus I dont know how it works very well (coding etc) it would be cool if they released the game to the community like MineCraft so we can update it ourselves, but try and have weekly ones instead of a bunch of competing mods. But I never think the admins will truly give up.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
06.11.2011 - 20:43
What are you talking about, they nerfed IF a few weeks ago, that is a update 0.1/5
----
Wr1tt3n by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Wr1tt3n by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
06.11.2011 - 20:52

http://afterwind.com/events/news_comments.php?news_id=48

Explain please.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
06.11.2011 - 21:02
Wr1tt3n by Runway1R, 06.11.2011 at 20:52

http://afterwind.com/events/news_comments.php?news_id=48

Explain please.

Afterwind street team? An Iron Fist change and a change in defence line mechanics? That's what we get after months of forum postings? Months of ideas and implementations. I have even heard mods who aren't happy about this.

I'm not even talking about radical changes but small ideas that dont affect the game at all that simply give us more options.

Like I said, I don't believe AW is anything more than a hobby to the admins, I'm not complaining. There clearly isn't enough monetary incentive. People have to work, they have lives. But Im not going to pretend they are active and hope we get many of the changes we asked for.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
06.11.2011 - 21:31
Yeah they haven't done anything major besides a stat tweak and a dumb street team idea. instead of coming up with ways of losing profit to random people who will bring in maybe 50 people who probably won't stay, how about update the game (look at COWS THREAD and do those updates please...) and maybe more people will come then.

I remember when there were frequent updates and the community was growing really quickly, but now it's just the same people, I rarely see any good new people who play frequently (they're all turks now ;__;)
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.11.2011 - 02:58
 Ivan (4dm1n)
I understand how people are upset that no new things are introduced. Unfortunately, in-game updates would have to wait until Amok has time for them. He's in the process of moving to England now and, once settled, will hopefully have some time. However, we also have other priorities at the moment, rather than introducing new stuff - solving server disconnects, integrating into Kongregate, updating design and bringing in more audience.

I know I promised updates to come some time in October, but that was overly optimisting of me and never materialized. The problem is, AW cannot support us by itself at this point, and we both have families to take care of. This comes first.

In any case, you can think whatever you want, but we do care about Afterwind, and we are trying to figure out how to make it bigger and better.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.11.2011 - 07:19
5uperiorCacaocow
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Wr1tt3n by Ivan, 07.11.2011 at 02:58

Unfortunately, in-game updates would have to wait until Amok has time for them. He's in the process of moving to England now [...].

Wow, this news are beyond bad.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.11.2011 - 09:13

integrating into Kongregate

OMGNOWAY
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.11.2011 - 11:27
All I can say is pray Amok has time.

"LilD" best rapper on AW
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.11.2011 - 12:12
 YOBA
He's in the process of moving to England now and, once settled, will hopefully have some time.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.11.2011 - 13:48

I understand how people are upset that no new things are introduced. Unfortunately, in-game updates would have to wait until Amok has time for them. He's in the process of moving to England now and, once settled, will hopefully have some time. However, we also have other priorities at the moment, rather than introducing new stuff - solving server disconnects, integrating into Kongregate, updating design and bringing in more audience.

I know I promised updates to come some time in October, but that was overly optimisting of me and never materialized. The problem is, AW cannot support us by itself at this point, and we both have families to take care of. This comes first.

In any case, you can think whatever you want, but we do care about Afterwind, and we are trying to figure out how to make it bigger and better.

I'm not upset, merely curious. It's cool Amok's going to England, sounds awesome!
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.11.2011 - 17:55
The game is doing fine at the moment for me. Sure AW isnt getting that many new players but at least the loyal ones are staying. Either way, once Amok is settled i'm expecting some new updates to come in. If that's not the case then maybe it is time to bring in a third party that understands the programming, the game and can takeover while you guys are busy.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.11.2011 - 22:29

All good things are worth the wait!
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.11.2011 - 22:30
Wr1tt3n by MajorKill, 07.11.2011 at 22:29

All good things are worth the wait!
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
08.11.2011 - 19:02
Does AW advertise anywhere? If we put an ad or two up on some small internet game websites I think we can increase our player count fairly quickly.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.11.2011 - 05:59
 Ivan (4dm1n)
Wr1tt3n by NateBaller, 08.11.2011 at 19:02

Does AW advertise anywhere? If we put an ad or two up on some small internet game websites I think we can increase our player count fairly quickly.

Would be a great plan if we actually had money for this At the moment we're actually putting all revenue into hosting and small-scale Facebook ads.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.11.2011 - 08:19
Actually right clicking is a very good idea to break down the multiple left clicks, if it isn't allowed by silverlight then there is only little room for improvement in the current moving system, the only thing I can think of is when you drag a city out and have 1 transport in, if you got the upgrades to fit more units inside it doesn't auto drag, same for SM, even if you have less units than the 3 of the standard air transport it doesn't automatically drag out the full stack every time (full stack is bombers, air transport and capturing units). This matters because you need +1 move and has an effect on turnblocking.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.11.2011 - 08:21
Wr1tt3n by Aristosseur, 11.11.2011 at 08:19

Actually right clicking is a very good idea to break down the multiple left clicks, if it isn't allowed by silverlight then there is only little room for improvement in the current moving system, the only thing I can thing of is when you drag a city out and have 1 transport in, if you got the upgrades to fit more units inside it doesn't auto drag, same for SM, even if you have less units than the 3 of the standard air transport it doesn't automatically drag out the full stack every time (full stack is bombers, air transport and capturing units). This matters because you need +1 move and has an effect on turnblocking.

sadly, I think right clicking is not allowed by silverlight. CURSE YOU BROWSER GAMES.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
16.11.2011 - 20:19
Wouldn't just about any key + mouse1 work
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd