G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 7   V1s1t3d by: 42 users
08.02.2012 - 23:47
ATM, the default option is alliances on and allied victory is always on as long as alliances are on.
IMO there should be 2 options.
1)allied victory on or off.
2)alliances on or off.

The problem with the current default option of alliances and allied victory on is that it encourages bad gameplay.
First of all it encourages players to win as an alliance in what is an ffa game..
It in fact forces you to play what essentially is a team game only the teams are decided in game.

Second of all, players are actually forced to ally because if there are 2-3 players who had a nice start, grabbed good countries and allied you must ally with them in most cases or you will die.
You know that most other players will ally them(and they know it about you) out of fear and thus you try and do it yourself.
This is in contrary to how FFA games are usually played in strategy games where everyone tries to weaken the bigger players in order to have a chance at victory.

Third of all,these game options allow friends to join a game together and have a secret alliance thus having an unfair advantage over the rest of the players...
In many games you losing or winning just becomes random and based on whether there are secret friends playing or not.

IMO the default setting should be alliances on allied victory off.
This will solve all the above issues.
1)Everyone will be fighting ultimately for himself knowing that they will only get bonus sp if they win alone.
2)people will always be trying to weaken the strongest players at any given moment and allies will always scheme and look for the best time to break any alliances.
Alliances will still be effective, giving you 2 turns time to prepare for a backstabber.
3)even friends will not be able to ruin the fun of a game wit ha secret alliance since they will also be forced to fight each other.

In short, as this is the ideas and suggestions thread i suggest to add an option called allied victory in advanced options and put it on off by default.
It will improve the overall game experience and make games less random and more fun.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
08.02.2012 - 23:50
In addition:
Some will say, get a premium account and play without alliances but first of all i think alliances with allied victory are still a good addition to gameplay and i do not want to play without it and second of all most players are not used to playing without alliances and many will not want to play it because it in no way prepares them for most games and instead of honing their skills it will confuse their strategy that they use in most "normal games"
So IMO suggesting to host premium games without alliance is not a good solution.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
08.02.2012 - 23:53
The great majority of Afterwind players are dicks and you want to give them more reasons to backstab?

What I think is bothering you is the amount of allyfagging currently present in the game. It could be solved by creating an option that controls the amount of alliances you can have at any given moment.
----
Wr1tt3n by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.02.2012 - 13:54
The only thing that will truly solve allyfagging is no allied victory.
Having allies on and a new option, allied victory off, will give more depth to most games and will fix tons of game breaking stuff like the above mentioned.I doubt its hard to implement.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.02.2012 - 15:28
Not really.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.02.2012 - 02:53
Not really what?Dont troll.
If you state an opinion please explain yourself, what and why do you not agree with me..
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.02.2012 - 10:23
There is already an option to play a true FFA match in Afterwind, by disabling alliances totally. It works pretty well in my opinion. I disagree that having an option to disable allied victory will bring any benefit to our actual gameplay.

So, at the moment, you have three options of gameplay:

Team games = fair starting conditions;
No alliances = skill based only;
Alliances on = need to play diplomatic.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd