02.06.2012 - 10:15

i have new operating system and now afterwind wont work

sigh

sorry if this is OT i dont know whether GD or OT
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
02.06.2012 - 11:05
I'm pretty sure the problem is something along the lines of Linux's version of silverlight is like a whole update behind windows' silverlight, so it can't run Afterwind because it uses the newer version of windows' silverlight.
I'm pretty sure that's what Amok said when someone else was complaining about not being able to play on linux.
----
~Somewhere in the distance an eagle shrieked as it rode an American buffalo to an apple-pie-eating contest at a baseball field.~
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
02.06.2012 - 11:06
Oh here it is.
http://afterwind.com/home/faq.php?faq_id=32
----
~Somewhere in the distance an eagle shrieked as it rode an American buffalo to an apple-pie-eating contest at a baseball field.~
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
02.06.2012 - 12:33
'I'm pretty sure the problem is something along the lines of Linux's version of silverlight is like a whole update behind windows' silverlight, so it can't run Afterwind because it uses the newer version of windows' silverlight.
I'm pretty sure that's what Amok said when someone else was complaining about not being able to play on linux.'

Im on a different version of Ubuntu, called Zorin.
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
02.06.2012 - 14:22
 YOBA
Wr1tt3n by Fidel_Castro, 02.06.2012 at 12:33

'I'm pretty sure the problem is something along the lines of Linux's version of silverlight is like a whole update behind windows' silverlight, so it can't run Afterwind because it uses the newer version of windows' silverlight.
I'm pretty sure that's what Amok said when someone else was complaining about not being able to play on linux.'

Im on a different version of Ubuntu, called Zorin.

He is correct. In fact, it is a whole three versions behind.

And oh my God. *puts on geek glasses*

Linux is a kernel. GNU/Linux as FSF fanboys call it is a distribution of Linux using GNU tools. An example of such a distribution is Zorin, or Ubuntu, or openSUSE (STRONG) or whatever. They are all the same base system, but they have a different front-end (what you see is different, but under the hood it's all the same). Distributions, can, of course, be based on other distributions. Zorin is based on Ubuntu, which is itself based on Debian (but they are literally worlds apart in many respects).

Anyway, being on a different distribution won't do anything I'm afraid.
One user has been able to play Afterwind by installing Firefox through WINE (look for "PlayOnLinux" in the repositories) and installing the Silverlight plugin in Firefox (you are prompted automatically. I haven't tried this myself, but you can give it a try and see if it works.

Also, if you have a good computer, use KDE man. Kubuntu is the best KDE distro, with openSUSE a close second (though it is like way nerdier). Netrunner is also pretty good, but I don't like how it strives to look almost exactly like Windows 7.
Anyway, try the solution I presented and report back with results!
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
02.06.2012 - 18:16
Bro, i have no idea how to use those other systems

i just dont know how to do everything on them
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
02.06.2012 - 20:17
You could always switch to windows and have no issues with silverlight at all
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
03.06.2012 - 00:36
Well

about 2 hours ago

i was removing my linux OS

but then i guess i fucked up the booting operation for windows
and now i have no fucking idea how to do anything other than forums
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
03.06.2012 - 11:07
Wr1tt3n by Fidel_Castro, 03.06.2012 at 00:36

Well

about 2 hours ago

i was removing my linux OS

but then i guess i fucked up the booting operation for windows
and now i have no fucking idea how to do anything other than forums

What do you mean?
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
03.06.2012 - 11:44
 YOBA
*sigh* you could always run full-blown Windows inside Linux with VirtualBox.

Anyway, here's how to fix this. Something like "grub rescue" comes up when you try to boot, right?
Here's how to fix this:
  • Get Parted Magic.
  • Burn it to a disc.
  • Boot from it.
  • Go to "extra utilities" or whatever it's called and select "Super Grub Disk".
  • Select "Super Grub Disk" again.
  • Now select "Win + MBR". This will always boot you into the Windows partition unless you reinstall Linux. If you want to change this and be a cool boy and a Linux user, PM me.
----
YOBA:
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
03.06.2012 - 13:46
@gking

i was trying to repartition my hard drive, and i think i just screwed up my booting process on my hard drive
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
03.06.2012 - 17:43
Well I don't know what to tell you, I've never actually installed an OS onto a computer before.
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
03.06.2012 - 18:51
 YOBA
Wr1tt3n by Fidel_Castro, 03.06.2012 at 13:46

@gking

i was trying to repartition my hard drive, and i think i just screwed up my booting process on my hard drive

Follow my guide, it fixes this problem. I've had it before. Just follow my guide and you'll be fine.
----
YOBA:
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
03.06.2012 - 18:51
 YOBA
Wr1tt3n by Gking19, 03.06.2012 at 17:43

Well I don't know what to tell you, I've never actually installed an OS onto a computer before.

Didn't you have to install Windows onto the computer you are using right now?
----
YOBA:
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
03.06.2012 - 22:06
No, because it was preinstalled.
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd