G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 3   V1s1t3d by: 65 users
14.02.2021 - 22:40
I was playing with a friend and he had built a large force of Submarines to attack my transports but every time he would send some to attack a transport it would just show the transport sailing right past and no battle take place. San submarines not attack a moving transport I'm confused is this a bug or am I missing something?

He would send it to attack but when it went to the next turn my transport would just sail right by with him sitting right where I just moved. This also happened a couple times the other way when I would use destroyers to attack his subs?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
14.02.2021 - 23:50
Wr1tt3n by Generaljamie, 14.02.2021 at 22:40

I was playing with a friend and he had built a large force of Submarines to attack my transports but every time he would send some to attack a transport it would just show the transport sailing right past and no battle take place. San submarines not attack a moving transport I'm confused is this a bug or am I missing something?

He would send it to attack but when it went to the next turn my transport would just sail right by with him sitting right where I just moved. This also happened a couple times the other way when I would use destroyers to attack his subs?

this happens with all types of units. It's just an element of the game.

If you have 5 units and you attack a city of your opponent that has 10 units, if your opponent moves those 10 units out of the city on the same turn you decide to attack the city with your 5 units, there's a chance that you will either 1. block his movement of those 10 units and subsequently take or fail to take the city that would consist of those 10 blocked units or 2. he will escape from the city and you will take the city while attacking 0 of his units.

In this case, if your opponent attacks your transport with a submarine, there is a chance that he will block your transport's movement or that your transport will move and he will fail to block it. The exact odds are determined such that "to block the movement of a stack, the game rolls a random number between 0 and 1, and if the number is higher than the (unit count of blocking stack) / (unit count of moving stack * 2), then the block fails.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
18.02.2021 - 18:05
Wr1tt3n by Generaljamie, 14.02.2021 at 22:40

Wr1tt3n by Tribune Aquila, 14.02.2021 at 23:50

In this case, if your opponent attacks your transport with a submarine, there is a chance that he will block your transport's movement or that your transport will move and he will fail to block it. The exact odds are determined such that "to block the movement of a stack, the game rolls a random number between 0 and 1, and if the number is higher than the (unit count of blocking stack) / (unit count of moving stack * 2), then the block fails.

adding to this .. your friend has to also make sure to attack the transports with his submarines early in the turn (1st move he makes when the new turn starts) .. this is called priority move .. if the game moves his submarines first (before you move your transports away) .. then the blocking chance that Sean was talking about would take place
----
Meso
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd