G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 6   V1s1t3d by: 23 users
20.11.2023 - 05:41
Howdy folks,
I've been playing a long casual game with some friends, 24 hour turn limits, been playing about a month

This weekend i was unable to make any moves, but i had turned on autoproduction a few places and figured it would be fine, but when i returned (i'm pretty sure i missed a total of 2 turns) i found that i was no longer in the game and my empire was now neutral.
I couldn't find anything about this except some old forum posts saying that the host can kick an inactive player after 3 turns, but i missed less than that, and also i was the host so i doubt that was the cause, none of my friends had done anything either.

Worth noting that i always kept the game open in a tab and i wasn't part of any other games running in parallel, so i can't imagine i accidentally forfeited the game trying to go to the lobby or anything like that (i still had the game open when i came back, not the lobby)

Is there some number of missed turns after which a player is automatically kicked? can this be disabled? does one get any of the built up SP?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
20.11.2023 - 15:40
You were alone in your own game. After few turns of inactivity it kicked you automatically
----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
20.11.2023 - 16:00
Wr1tt3n by megabjarne, 20.11.2023 at 05:41

Howdy folks [...]

you get automatically kicked after 1 turn being inactive in casual. No, you don't get the sp when u are kicked. In quick games you get auto kicked after 4.
----
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
21.11.2023 - 01:29
Wr1tt3n by megabjarne, 20.11.2023 at 05:41

Howdy folks,
I've been playing a long casual game with some friends, 24 hour turn limits, been playing about a month

This weekend i was unable to make any moves, but i had turned on autoproduction a few places and figured it would be fine, but when i returned (i'm pretty sure i missed a total of 2 turns) i found that i was no longer in the game and my empire was now neutral.
I couldn't find anything about this except some old forum posts saying that the host can kick an inactive player after 3 turns, but i missed less than that, and also i was the host so i doubt that was the cause, none of my friends had done anything either.

Worth noting that i always kept the game open in a tab and i wasn't part of any other games running in parallel, so i can't imagine i accidentally forfeited the game trying to go to the lobby or anything like that (i still had the game open when i came back, not the lobby)

Is there some number of missed turns after which a player is automatically kicked? can this be disabled? does one get any of the built up SP?

in 12/24/48 hour games you are eliminated after 48 hours of not making any moves, so 4 turns for 12 hour games, 2 turns for 24 hour games, 1 turn for 48 hour games.
in any case, if you abandon or are eliminated you do not get points
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
22.11.2023 - 05:46
Qu0t3:
You were alone in your own game. After few turns of inactivity it kicked you automatically

I was in a game with 3 other active players

Qu0t3:
in 12/24/48 hour games you are eliminated after 48 hours of not making any moves, so 4 turns for 12 hour games, 2 turns for 24 hour games, 1 turn for 48 hour games

Qu0t3:
you get automatically kicked after 1 turn being inactive in casual. No, you don't get the sp when u are kicked. In quick games you get auto kicked after 4.

Okay, guess we'll go for some shorter games then to reduce the chances of this happening i guess

Thank you all for your responses
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
22.11.2023 - 13:04
Wr1tt3n by megabjarne, 22.11.2023 at 05:46

Qu0t3:

I was in a game with 3 other active players

Qu0t3:
in 12/24/48 hour games you are eliminated after 48 hours of not making any moves, so 4 turns for 12 hour games, 2 turns for 24 hour games, 1 turn for 48 hour games

Qu0t3:

Okay, guess we'll go for some shorter games then to reduce the chances of this happening i guess

Thank you all for your responses

----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd