Wr1tt3n by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Wr1tt3n by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
26.08.2012 - 14:59
 YOBA
Weakness 2: you need a LOT of money and troops for a land campaign. Which is why NC is useless for anything except trolling someone and leaving. Simply put, you can't carry a land war with NC against a non-NC player. End of story.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
28.08.2012 - 01:54
Well I used NC for a bit when I first started and did enjoy it well enough, It just ins't used by many becuase it is difficult to carry on a land war and despite the world and map being 70% water or something like that about 90% of the fighting is done on land.
----
I hate to advocate drugs alcohol and violence to the kids, but it's always worked for me.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
28.08.2012 - 02:40
NC is best strategy for deff
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
28.08.2012 - 20:10
Nc is ok as australia, and also as america to end subs to asia. but there are far more superior strats, and it costs a hell of alot of money to use it.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
31.08.2012 - 14:42
Wr1tt3n by nonames, 28.08.2012 at 20:10

Nc is ok as australia, and also as america to end subs to asia. but there are far more superior strats, and it costs a hell of alot of money to use it.

This
----
~goodnamesalltaken~
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.01.2013 - 06:46
 KYBL
The only time I tried NC was once and I forgot I was using it so I picked Serbia so it was pretty useless after that.
----

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.01.2013 - 08:48
Wr1tt3n by YOBA, 26.08.2012 at 14:59

Weakness 2: you need a LOT of money and troops for a land campaign. Which is why NC is useless for anything except trolling someone and leaving. Simply put, you can't carry a land war with NC against a non-NC player. End of story.

carried out a full scale battle with NC Netherlands vs DS Finland (5k) when used well it's a good strat, mainly defensive it's OP
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
23.06.2013 - 06:07
 Drac
In fact NC can be a very good strategy.
I pick it in 3k or 5 k games in europe as Ireland ( you can take London and Glasgow first turn, if someone piks Ukraine in 5k in extra cities, then Paris, Amsterdam and another costal city in UK, thus the money won't be a problem for you) or Latvia in 3k, expanding in Scandinavia first 3 turns then going south to Germany and Poland with all the free militia an inf i can get, and also if possible to Netherlands and UK. With the great range of Destroyers and Transports, and also with the improved range of infantry you can take advantage of any fail in capturing or any player that leaves the game letting empty cities...something wich a GW for exemple can't do without spending money on expensive air trans, wich also have a small capacity compared to Naval Trans.
So, starting in this 2 areas of Europe you will have a lot of money, so you can buy those expensive Destroyers. Also, in the begining, when you have limited reinforcements, the power of destroyers help you expend better, cause you don't need that much units ( You can take London for ex. with 6 Destroyers).
Also, everytime i play this 2 countries I let them unwalled, making my enemies rush into it trying to cap me. The beauty of this is that I win an extra turn in wich I expand, gathering more money and units, and then I'll go and recap without problems... So the player that caps me will invest a good part of units into stacking my cap, reducing his expansion.

Another great use of NC could be in East Asia. South Koreea can do a great job there on the same considerations.
I pick Taiwan or SK when there is a strong opponent in the area, expand 2 or 3 turns and then rush him with everything I have, loading all the militias into naval trans (don't forget the great 20 capacity of those) and buying destroyers with all the money.
I once defeated South East China, rank 7, when I was rank 6, from Philliphines with NC.

And, as someone staded, because the only nerf is the weakness of the tanks, you can use all the other units pretty well.
After I finish the job on the coastal cities ( making full use of the free militia I get) I expand using infantry(wonderfull range), which work almost the same as PD inf in attacking ( always put +2 when attacking militia to be sure of succses, or double when attacking inf).
After you expanded enough to earn decent money bombers and marines can be used.

Also, having your Cap as a coastal city with lots of coastal cities around will make you a difficult target, especialy later in the game when you can aford a huge amount of destroyers in case of an enemy attempt on capping you.

The only difficulty I found is when you don't mannage to take out a strong opponent in, let's say 8 turns. By then you will be stuck on the sea as your opponent expanded in the land areas, so you must exterminate your closest enemies and then expand in preparation for conquering the word
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
23.06.2013 - 13:44
NC is fine with me now. I mostly use it recently
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
12.07.2013 - 06:49
I used to think NC was bad but then I tried it, one of my favourite strats now.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
14.07.2013 - 22:57
It's the strategy i used the most, but you should use it wisely, try avoid full power battles in 'deep' land, use the ports as your port base (Put your navy there and send your troops from there), your offencives should be dynamic, you should use your advantage in the sea in order to suprise and attack in the far places and break your enemy formation, you will be suprised how easy is that to screw your enemy incomes and moving range just with few detroyers (and let's not talk about stealth troops).
----

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
15.07.2013 - 01:34
In a ww2 game as Russia i was NC and did fine
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
15.07.2013 - 02:28
Major problem with NC imho is the lower transport capacity with subs compared to MoS - so you need a lot more money to make a surprise landing with stealth compared to MoS. I think it is not really an effective strat. Maybe in some scenario where you are USA pacific and have to deff a strong japan for example. If your main purpose there is to survive as long as possible to give your allies more time, then the stronger naval units might come in handy.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
25.07.2013 - 06:12
omarauf
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
If you think of it, all important countries have ports, and since the only nc nerf is tanks, you could use marines and bombers after taking these ports to cap your enemy
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
20.08.2013 - 07:54
"Nc is ok as australia, and also as america to end subs to asia. but there are far more superior strats, and it costs a hell of alot of money to use it."

NC sucks in Australia, due to the fact that Australia as a country is probably the worst area to begin with. As for America, what are you going to do in the east coast? Build destroyers to attack Europe? And what about U.S mainland? If you really wanted to attack Europe, why not begin in East Coast with MoS?

Frankly, I only use NC with 25k+, and the best country for NC by far is Indonesia. You can take in all of South East Asia, Australia, Shanghai, Taiwan, Japan and the Phillipines. By going further you can take in the Seychelles, and 65% of Indian coastline cities. Due to subs being relatively powerful and cheap, one can easily move on to stealth attacks if they want to take in larger mainland countries, like all of India or China.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
20.08.2013 - 08:52
Wr1tt3n by 0000, 20.08.2013 at 07:54

"Nc is ok as australia, and also as america to end subs to asia. but there are far more superior strats, and it costs a hell of alot of money to use it."

NC sucks in Australia, due to the fact that Australia as a country is probably the worst area to begin with. As for America, what are you going to do in the east coast? Build destroyers to attack Europe? And what about U.S mainland? If you really wanted to attack Europe, why not begin in East Coast with MoS?

Frankly, I only use NC with 25k+, and the best country for NC by far is Indonesia. You can take in all of South East Asia, Australia, Shanghai, Taiwan, Japan and the Phillipines. By going further you can take in the Seychelles, and 65% of Indian coastline cities. Due to subs being relatively powerful and cheap, one can easily move on to stealth attacks if they want to take in larger mainland countries, like all of India or China.

Everything everybody else is doing sucks.

What's doing is the best for you.
So obviously the rest of us are wrong and should listen to you.

Brilliant argument.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
20.08.2013 - 11:14
Qu0t3:
Everything everybody else is doing sucks.

What's doing is the best for you.
So obviously the rest of us are wrong and should listen to you.

Brilliant argument.

I do not know if that was a compliment or not, but either way all I did was give advice.
Advice:an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc. (taken from dictionary.com)

Since when was there a law that you had to listen to one's recommendation? I never stated that anyone's actions "sucked".
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
23.08.2013 - 19:11
In Europe maps, NC's not so good. Definitely wouldn't use it in 1v1. However, I've tried using it as Sweden a couple of times and have to say it's sort of decent in a supporting role when you are playing 3v3 or have at least 1 ally to back you up.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
25.06.2019 - 17:52
Message deleted by brianwl. Reason: Note relevant to discussion. (Also, nice necro ♥)
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
15.08.2019 - 13:12
About NC:
Only use in 3v3
Role: Support, helping allies.
Not good in finances
Only recommended for Spain and sometimes UK.
Only good at start
Bad during late game.
My rating is 7/10 because i use it a lot.
----

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
15.08.2019 - 18:17
75% of the world's surface is water, so of course NC is best strategy. If you can control 75% of the planet, then you, in effect, have world domination
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
15.08.2019 - 19:02
 Alex
Wr1tt3n by Tribune Aquila, 15.08.2019 at 18:17

75% of the world's surface is water, so of course NC is best strategy. If you can control 75% of the planet, then you, in effect, have world domination

but with sky menace you can cover 100% of earths area noob
----
Orcs are a horde, much like Turks. Elves and Men are light skinned, Orcs are often darker/sallow skinned, like Turks.

Istanbul?Thats not how you pronounce Constantinople
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd