G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 17   V1s1t3d by: 92 users
19.10.2012 - 02:48
Urmm,it seem I piss everyone off and I have no idea why.

I'm Iceland, there was Russia,Spain,England and China. Iceland obviously thing to do is hide since it have no economy. Russia went on and dominated everything , I know we couldn't kill him since his troop already landed in Germany so I break my pact with England and Spain to alliance with Russia. I than message China(second dominated nation) to try and work with him,give him inside information about Russia,his troop,his moment and his plan and make a secret invasion on his rear. Russia went D/C next turn and everyone went against me, I try to explain my intention but China didn't seem to care and invade my land,everyone than berated me, saying I shouldn't do anything since everyone was already against him(England and Spain didn't have any other nation rather than their own and the Ruskie coming in fast, Africa is broke and China too far to help us)...That is what I don't get, should I do nothing? Doing nothing accomplish nothing. Rather than let myself get run over, I try to do some espionage work, it does no good if I am death right?

The funny thing is,they call me troll because I didn't surrender, China end up getting all the SP(they wanted to alliance win) because it seem they can't take my capital in 10 turn even though everyone was against me? I try to be creative with my game and this happen, is there some kind of unwritten rule here?

PS: 4 Am, I hope what I am trying to say make sense.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
19.10.2012 - 05:27
Wr1tt3n by Goblin, 19.10.2012 at 04:39

People dont like traitors.

Yeah you should've stayed loyal to your allies, otherwise everyone will know very soon not to ally you so you are on your own in every game you play, which isn't fun at all
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
19.10.2012 - 12:49
So all of you are saying I should just let Russia take me over and do nothing? Again,I don't get it, we were at total annihilation, it's better to be on the winning side and work it out later on than just simply surrender. I want to at least try to find some kind of advantage rather than just give up. I work out my diplomatic due to the circumstance of the current situation,each game have their own scenario and shouldn't hold on to grudge from the past game simply because I did not take the initiative, it ruined the "Fun" and challenging part of the game,all is fair in love and war from my perspective.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
19.10.2012 - 13:22
You failed for being a traitor, and ally with the noob side in first place.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
19.10.2012 - 14:00
Ah, I understand what you mean. You should have notified your allies that you were going to do this so that you would have had their support early on, instead of the misinterpretation that resulted from your ordeal.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
19.10.2012 - 14:19
Wr1tt3n by Tundy, 19.10.2012 at 13:22

You failed for being a traitor, and ally with the noob side in first place.

I'm a newbie so...I'm learning?

Wr1tt3n by Garde, 19.10.2012 at 14:00

Ah, I understand what you mean. You should have notified your allies that you were going to do this so that you would have had their support early on, instead of the misinterpretation that resulted from your ordeal.

They were gonner, Russia was taking their base, I assume they were doom so I message China which is also a part of their allies.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
24.10.2012 - 01:14
When you progress in ranks, it less politics and more skills. When you reach the high ranks you don't need anyone.

The point is:

Your actions don't just affect your current game, but also the next game. You lost that game, you just have to realize that, and instead of fighting for dear life, embrace death and move on to the next game. Sure you can continue fighting, but generally, the alpha dog will not ally the underdog.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
24.10.2012 - 06:26
Wr1tt3n by Cthulhu, 24.10.2012 at 01:14

When you progress in ranks, it less politics and more skills. When you reach the high ranks you don't need anyone.

The point is:

Your actions don't just affect your current game, but also the next game. You lost that game, you just have to realize that, and instead of fighting for dear life, embrace death and move on to the next game. Sure you can continue fighting, but generally, the alpha dog will not ally the underdog.

This is exactly right. When I was lower ranked, I would ally anybody who was a THREAT. Now that I'm a rank 7, I can win a 20 player world game without allying anybody (and normally get over 3k SP for doing so) if I play it just about perfectly.

But back to the point at hand, if you had China, England, and Spain with you, you shouldn't have tried to ally Russia. Well, maybe you should have, but even if you do ally him, don't then tell your other allies Russia's troop movement.
1) this is betraying your ally. If they find out about it, they'll probably disown you and disembowel you.
2) this tells the person that you're helping that, while you like that specific player enough to help them, that you aren't fit to be an ally yourself because you're already betraying one of your allies, so why should you be trusted?
3) If it becomes open that you were betraying Russia, all other allies may become scared of you. How do they know you're only betraying Russia?
4) I know you're a noob, but don't ever pick Iceland. SOMETIMES it can turn out well (as sometimes you can take out America while they're spread thin), but most of the time you'll be weak, with little economy and basically no reinforcements. And if you're in America, your capital will be somewhere that is difficult for you to defend (which is ok I suppose for annihilation games)
5) People have these things called enemy lists. If they think that you can't be trusted, they may put you on it and in any future games they will aggressivlely go after you. It's not fun being on somebody's enemy list, trust me, half the time they don't tell you, and they betray you themselves when you have your troops somewhere else so you can't fight back.
----
"Bitches ain't shit, but hoes and tricks"
-Mahatma Gandhi
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
25.10.2012 - 09:35
Wr1tt3n by zombiekiller, 24.10.2012 at 06:26

win a 20 player world game without allying anybody (and normally get over 3k SP for doing so) if I play it just about perfectly.

No one besides learster and I do this on a daily basis. That means we get gang banged a lot due to having no allies and we give no fucks because we'll win anyway. Allies are boring and keeping up with them takes too much time for me.

Wr1tt3n by zombiekiller, 24.10.2012 at 06:26

5) People have these things called enemy lists. If they think that you can't be trusted, they may put you on it and in any future games they will aggressivlely go after you. It's not fun being on somebody's enemy list, trust me, half the time they don't tell you, and they betray you themselves when you have your troops somewhere else so you can't fight back.

I love being enemy listed for pwning and having people rage because they lost. Happens in 75% of the games I play. And of course I've been late joined and had a player once hack the system to try and beat me. I hilariously won that game with fair play and no back hacks. In a summary that's how I got 50% of my nerd terror points. Rest is for in game chat trolling.
----
Lil D has now become Deray of YGMG Here!
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
25.10.2012 - 16:00
Just play the game and deal with it. If you wanna be a betrayer that's fine, but you might ruin your reputation in the community if you persist betraying others. On the other hand, you can surrender and gain decent sp and live to fight another day, or you can abandon. It's up to you to choose your way of going about things. Don't act like a victim, people bitch and complain during games deep down are just mad so you're better off ignoring them instead of fighting and bitching with them. This game is all about politics, there will be complaining, harassing, bitching, betraying etc... The best thing to go about it is ignore people's nonsense and play the way you want to play. Acting like the victim or trying to beat them in a flame war just means that you've lost. Don't get caught up with social tendencies, just play and have fun. Even if it means betraying here and there.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
25.10.2012 - 20:46
Wr1tt3n by tophat, 25.10.2012 at 16:00

Just play the game and deal with it. If you wanna be a betrayer that's fine, but you might ruin your reputation in the community if you persist betraying others. On the other hand, you can surrender and gain decent sp and live to fight another day, or you can abandon. It's up to you to choose your way of going about things. Don't act like a victim, people bitch and complain during games deep down are just mad so you're better off ignoring them instead of fighting and bitching with them. This game is all about politics, there will be complaining, harassing, bitching, betraying etc... The best thing to go about it is ignore people's nonsense and play the way you want to play. Acting like the victim or trying to beat them in a flame war just means that you've lost. Don't get caught up with social tendencies, just play and have fun. Even if it means betraying here and there.

I would like to ally all players and then unally all players. So all players get mad at me and I will have a challenge for once. Then when I beat them it will just feed me big ass ego. LilD Strong only strong there is now. Hooray for this!
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
27.10.2012 - 19:23
You should try DEFCON. It's all about keeping the upper hand through any means necessary. After playing a bit of DEFCON, I find people have better sportsmanship as they understand treachery. I agree that all is fair in love and war and do what needs to be done to be on the winning side. I've been called a number of names for my behavior, but I am not repentant because I actually enjoy real competition.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
28.10.2012 - 06:44
Wr1tt3n by Cthulhu, 24.10.2012 at 01:14

The point is:

you're pretty much right in most of it,but just ranking up won't make you a better player,any player allways SP farm and allyfag in every game they play (like mauzer),and you can allways have a rank 4 kicking your a** without allies.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
28.10.2012 - 12:06
Wr1tt3n by Pointlesfield, 28.10.2012 at 06:44

you're pretty much right in most of it,but just ranking up won't make you a better player,any player allways SP farm and allyfag in every game they play (like mauzer),and you can allways have a rank 4 kicking your a** without allies.

I had lots of fun kicking Mauzer's ass with a "Militia Army."
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
28.10.2012 - 12:58
Wr1tt3n by Reporter, 28.10.2012 at 12:06

TEACH ME TO BE BIG HERO LIKE YOU!
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
28.10.2012 - 13:55
Wr1tt3n by Pointlesfield, 28.10.2012 at 12:58

yeah, i played with CREATIN (rank 9 or 11) today, and he ally with everyone near him, then he build a army and by turn 30 he declared war for first time againts the most weak player
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
28.10.2012 - 15:51
Wr1tt3n by Pointlesfield, 28.10.2012 at 12:58

Simple lol. Just use GW for 4 attack and keep militia on auto spam. Make a sea transport conveyer belt to get all militia across big land fast. (I killed mauzer with Jamaica while he was USA.)
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd