G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 15   V1s1t3d by: 82 users
09.11.2012 - 14:09
-Romeo
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
AFTERWIND TIMES

Welcome to our weekly article. In today's article we have a special guest coming in to answer some questions. Some of you asked questions to Fruit and he has replied! But for now ...

THE POTM. Like it or hate it.

We all know the "POTM" as the "Player of the Month" award". But like almost every award that is handed out, they all have their critics. Last of those to be given this award was Pulse and the person straight to give out a critical response was noticeably Mathdino. By his posts you could tell he doesn't disagree with the decision to award it to him but at the same time he didn't agree with the system on how the player is chosen.

Quote - Mathdino -I suppose the overarching question is: how did you single out Pulse from the rest of the community by your criteria? And even then, are all of the criteria based on custom maps alpha?

As a person that is neutral with whoever gets the award I had to consider what Mathdino was saying here. The criteria was always criticized whenever a player got the award and no one seemed to understand it. Was the criteria for those that reported bugs? or created a news channel? Maybe someone that does alpha maps but not for those that creates tutorials and guides? Although I may seem to be overreacting with my last question, some are now starting to not take the POTM award seriously. I saw Guest14502 the other day and as a experienced mod, I wanted to ask him what happens behind the scene on the voting system. After stating the public don't agree with many of the players chosen up for the award he joked, "The forum mob doesnt agree with
something? Shocking"
. But on a more serious note he also said:

[pr] ~Guest14502: right to win potm isnt enshrined in the and its meant to be a light hearted, fun thing. Its not a complicated process, its a fun thing to recognize a player who did something noteworthy that month.

I then asked him if the Mods don't really care about the POTM award and they just choose a random player that has done something good, he answered;

[pr] ~Guest14502: we just discuss among ourselves if we noticed anyone that month (might be they did more than just 1 thing). And like I said, it isn't much a serious award but to recognise ones help to the community and encourage others to help too.

He hopes that this may have cleared it for the critics out there.

Conspiracies.

After having a lengthy chat with Pinheiro, I have had some questions answered on how a Mod is actually chosen and does it have any relevance to Dalmati.

[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: Hiya, care to take some time out to be interviewed?
[pr] ~Pinheiro: haha, ok
[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: Well there have been constant bickering and arguments about the choices with the mods. What is your say in this?
[pr] ~Pinheiro: I think that the community has the right to contest the staff decisions
[pr] ~Pinheiro: but that doesn't make it wrong
[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: hang on.. so if their allowed to contest the staff decisions , surely that allows them to also choose who gets to become a mod too?
[pr] ~Pinheiro: not really, in my opinion everyone has a say on it, they can make critics and we will take them into account, but the mod team has the final say for a reason
[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: Mhmm. Also another topic worth relating to is fruits thread. His theories say that now Safari is a Mod, there could be a cp farming involvement between the two clans.
[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: What is your opinion on this?
[pr] ~Pinheiro: First of all, Fruit is always right
[pr] ~Pinheiro: The only farming I could see between these coalitions are warning and mutes farming
[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: hehe, well said.
[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: so please do explain, to the rest of the community, how so is a mod chosen?
[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: Why does it have to be a player that's been a dalmati player or a ex-dalmati player? Why can't it be someone else? Someone thats done more then the dalmati choices?
[pr] ~Pinheiro: We have a 'new mods' suggestion thread, every time we see the need of a new mod, we throw potential candidates and it's discussed by the others if the player should be promoted or not
[pr] ~Pinheiro: I don't think any player needs to have a link with Dalmati to become a mod
[pr] ~Pinheiro: but I can see why the players can see conspiracies about it, based on the last promotions
[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: Right. So what is the criteria to become a mod?
[pr] ~Pinheiro: activity, both in the forums and in-game, clean (or at least small) punishment record and be a polite and helpful player
[pr] ~Pinheiro: also, asking to become a mod is a big downgrade
[pr] ~Pinheiro: and trust me, this happens a lot
[pr] -Romeo: ~Pinheiro: Mhmm, well thanks for your time. It has been a pleasure talking to you and I hope that we meet again, for a good thing let's say.
[pr] ~Pinheiro: Sure, thanks for the opportunity

Fruit has certainly made a lot of fame for his knowledge about the future. After asking Guest14502 on what he thinks about Fruits conspiracies, he answered:

[pr] ~Guest14502: lol.
[pr] ~Guest14502:I think its just a meme they enjoy.

There have been some questions answered in this interview but conspiracies are conspiracies, and they will always be around AW. But a question that everyone, certainly in SRB, wants to know is.. Who is the next Mod?

Fruit! - Question and ANSWER

Here are the questions and replies from Fruit

Vril - Fruit, if you were king of AW for one day.. what would you do?
Fruit - live through my typical life, because I'm already prophet, grand vizier and supreme dictator. I suppose I would have Gardevoir beheaded though, because AW needs it.

blargh - Fruit, do you like peanut butter?
Fruit - I AM peanut butter

iom2010 - Fruit, do you think that a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable?
Fruit - Now for anyone who isn't a fruit this is sort of like a Kosovo issue between scum vegis and us, however I think USA has decided (through the use of pizza) that tomatoes are indeed fruit.

Zanzibar - Fruit do you believe in the Banana King? And is he a relation of yours?
Fruit - I believe that's what they call me in 3rd world countries.

Pinheiro - Fruit, where are the hidden horses?
Fruit - y r albani spi i kil u befor tel u where hors is

Brandreas - Fruit, how many trees make up a forest? Also, what sound does a rabbit make?
Fruit - 1. to explain my reasoning I will use some videogame logic, step 1: make one tree design step 2: copy paste all over, suddenly forest. You can count them as new trees when copy pasted but this can be debated because they are clones.

NEXT WEEKS ASK THE PLAYER IS: TESLA.
ASK YOUR QUESTIONS :) :)

Special Guest

I have interviewed so many in my life working for AW Times. But a dream is to always interview Ivan or Amok. And this time it was Ivans time to sit on the hot seat. But for all the good reasons. In the last few weeks the release of Alpha has occurred and in the next few weeks there will be a merge. I went to ask some questions.

[pr] -Romeo: Its only been a few weeks since the beginning of the Custom Maps release and you have allowed all players with a premium pack to play the Alpha. What do you think of their feedback?
[pr] Ivan: We had a lot of constructive criticism and bug reports, which really helped to polish the Alpha somewhat. We have a massive to-do list still, based on forum comments - eventually we hope to implement all of the best suggestions.
[pr] -Romeo: Sounds like a hard job! What progress do you think you are making with Custom Maps? and also What's your main big focus in the next couple of weeks?
[pr] Ivan: We are quite pleased with the release. Now that the worst bugs are fixed, we're getting ready to re-open Scenarios/Presets and then push for the Beta release. I'm also working on the new trailer, to help with promotion.
[pr] -Romeo: Can't wait , what's the next big thing you are planning to create?
[pr] Ivan: Before we go about adding new features, we really want to perfect the current ones. A lot of the newest additions are still in a pretty raw state, and the old ones could use some work as well. Right now our mindset is all about quality, not quantity.
[pr] -Romeo:Haha sounds good. If you had to choose the best Custom Map out there, which one would it be?
[pr] Ivan: As a fan of A Song Of Ice And Fire, I really like what Pulse did with his Westeros map. I haven't played it, but it looks fantastic.
[pr] -Romeo: Wow, Pulse is going to be very proud to hear that. This is a fun question and a bit Off topic but if you had to say, who is the best? You or Amok?
[pr] Ivan: Amok is the best when it comes to programming/tech stuff. My area of expertise is design. So, we don't really compete.
[pr] -Romeo: Hehe see what you did thee , but anyway last question and I'll stop bothering you. What do you think of our Afterwind Times News?
[pr] Ivan: Good idea, great way to keep players updated about what's happening in the world of Afterwind
[pr] -Romeo: Great! Thanks for your time and I hope to see you again!

The painful thing to do next is wait for the merge on the date : 01/12/2012. Wait. Wait. Wait.

GOSSIP COLUMN

Apparently there is going to be a medal/trophy awarded to whoever creates the best custom map.

Activities

See if you can spot the difference. Have fun

Well.. until next time ... Good bye

AFTERWIND TIMES - Read History While It Lasts...
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.11.2012 - 14:30
 VRIL
Tesla, what would you be doing now if you actually deleted your account?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.11.2012 - 16:02
Wat I never said CP farming would result from safari getting mod, It's because if you look at deutsche koalition (obviously dalmati influenced), they fought them quite a bit. It probably won't happen now because of being publicly called on it, and that's the point. They could have farmed with a mod or not (though there is obv some benefits to being a mod while doing it)
----
Wr1tt3n by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Wr1tt3n by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.11.2012 - 16:32
Fyi we don't need to farm we can manually adjust CP/SP with one click...why would I or any mod waste all that time?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.11.2012 - 23:08
Wr1tt3n by Guest14502, 09.11.2012 at 16:32

Fyi we don't need to farm we can manually adjust CP/SP with one click...why would I or any mod waste all that time?

Mod hacks. Totally not fair bro.
----
Lil D has now become Deray of YGMG Here!
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.11.2012 - 01:17
Tesla, if you would become a mod would you warn and mute the other mods who warned/muted you before?
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.11.2012 - 02:23
SO COOL THREAD, good job ldk
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.11.2012 - 05:38
Tesla what is the strongest colour in Afterwind?

Nice article Hemel.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.11.2012 - 06:25
-Romeo
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Wr1tt3n by b0nker2, 10.11.2012 at 05:38

Nice article Hemel.

Thanks Epsom.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.11.2012 - 10:46
A long one to read
But a good read though.
Tesla, do you have a girlfriend?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.11.2012 - 11:50
Good article LDK.
Also i agree with what Guest said about the prophet thing. It is all a joke and people really shouldn't get worked up about it.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.11.2012 - 17:42
 Acquiesce (M0d)
tesla, what is your greatest weakness? thnx
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.11.2012 - 00:41
V-dog115
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Wr1tt3n by Puzzles, 10.11.2012 at 11:50

Good article LDK.
Also i agree with what Guest said about the prophet thing. It is all a joke and people really shouldn't get worked up about it.

Thank you )

I have a question for Tesla.

Tesla, what is your favourite sport?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.11.2012 - 06:37
Tesla if all players one day will not remember who u are what would u do?
----

[center][img][/img]
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
11.11.2012 - 07:12
Wr1tt3n by Covid19, 11.11.2012 at 06:37

Tesla if all players one day will not remember who u are what would u do?

obvious answer, eat pizza
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd