G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 9   V1s1t3d by: 72 users
24.11.2012 - 15:36
Wall of text alert. May resemble a Gardevoir speech. Just less swearing.

With AtWar quickly becoming a reality, and the promotional team in full gear, we're going to be getting a hell of a lot of new players in the next few weeks. We all talk about getting new players, and wanting more people to join AW, but then I see incredible prejudice against upstart players. Crap like people not getting to a game early enough, and immediately begging the host to 'kick a noob,' while no one really cares about the host kicking people. Crap like noobs participating in conversations and getting told to shut up because he's a frickin rank 4. Crap like getting kicked from no rank limit games for no discernible reason other than being noobs. Crap like legitimately good new players being harassed and called an alt, even after IP checks confirm their legitimacy.

I've actually gone on my rank 4 alt and experienced all of this crap (except for the last one, that's an example from a friend), from unnamed high rank players. This sort of thing absolutely disgusts me. I act the same on both accounts, except on my rank 4 account I try to fake enthusiasm for learning the game. Only rarely did I see high ranks actually helping noobs out.

This needs to stop. Before AtWar comes. New players are what keeps this game alive. I'm not saying all of you are arrogant jerks, but seriously, just try to be a little nicer to noobs. Give them tips, allow them to exist. Otherwise, this game is just going to wither away as you all like to prophecise.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
24.11.2012 - 16:08
I've already made a Youtube channel with tips on how to play. What more do you want from me? Oh and by the way. You made some grammar errors. Just to let you know.
----
Lil D has now become Deray of YGMG Here!
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
24.11.2012 - 16:17
You dont should call low ranges noobs, im noob.
I will be noob forever.
I will be noob forever.
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
24.11.2012 - 16:17
An other problem could be the "high lvl allys". lots of "high lvls" allies each other, because they know each other or they fear for a lose. some new game options could reduce that.
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
24.11.2012 - 17:44
Dr.Trolface dont need to erase his names yellow is mauzer panteri xaxaxax.
anyway i support mathdino we need rules and punishment for calling low ranks noobs,in dota for calling player noob you got 3 day ban,i think 2 week mute from all chats for player who will broke this rule in aw is enough,i think we need updates in afterwind rules with clear punishment for example you farm sp removing half sp from you acaunt.anyway i dont support perma ban rule just mute from all chats.

i remember when i was low rank here and players call me noob i report them to mods they say its alowed,before aw i played dota and there is not alowed, mods probably laught with me

other problem is few coalitions name who are created to troll and make other people angry here examples.
Orthodox Istanbul-iam sure turk players became angry from this coalition name founder is greek troll
hellenic macedonians-another trolling clan name to make angry few macedonian player here,founder of this coalition say that he have double nationality macedonian and greek he is lier you can be greek only in greece.I hope he will became more polite in future and change his trol clan name to hellenic greeks
third reich-no comment for this coalition name i hate evrything with nazi

few players name for example
FagAllahShitbag -this player troling all muslims here
Jesusdielol
abortionofjesus

to much trolls and troling names
i think we need more polite names who will not troll other players ,religion,nationality if you whant to keept new players who will came here.
also mods need to have power to change all this coalition players troling names.
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
24.11.2012 - 18:21
As much as we have to be nice to noobs... they have to be nice to us as well. Things work both ways...
A few people new to custom maps thinks this feature makes AW pay to win all of a sudden and a betrayal to what the premium privileges and the benefits aren't trickled down (eg: passing default scenario making down to all being allowed).
This polarisation is what makes new players reluctant... they play in beginners room with very few people with premium and so they can only play the default map and then they are asked to make a transition past rank 3 where you are forced to play in the main... with the world of custom maps. That is a completely new issue.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
24.11.2012 - 20:06
I just want to be clear that I'm not using 'noob' as a derogatory term, just as a shortening for 'newbie', which is how the word was originally created. Trollface, I don't really see a clear way to solve high ranks ally spamming, unfortunately. I do suppose the fact that SP will be a little more rank based will help discourage ganging up on noobs, which is completely counter-intuitive.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
25.11.2012 - 04:03
I once let a noob beat me then he start to troll me and telling all that he beat me so i will never be nice to noobs again .
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
25.11.2012 - 13:41
Well, I think we should be tolerant with expressions like "noob". I absolutely dislike this word when referred to weaker players; but it's also an usefull (at last generic/insignificant) expression of irony, frustration and hostility. This is a war game, isn't it? Many players are not English mother tongue and often between the moves we have just the time for write "grrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Therefore I think this word should and could be tolerated as a subsitute of worst, unacceptable words.
I agree with Mathdino: a sort of SP protection for newbies would be wellcome, and I would add penalties/compensations for changing alliance. This also could discourage tricks and coalitions against the weaker players of the moment.
Sry for my English.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd