G3t Pr3m1um t0 h1d3 4ll 4ds
P0sts: 42   V1s1t3d by: 1349 users
28.12.2012 - 12:13
Hello AW-players!
We can use your help with our guide to Afterwind new guide for AtWar with nice tips and tricks. Our current guide is out of date and needs a big update. A few things that needs to be added/fixed:
- Casualties
- HOWTO Map creating
- ELO system
- New strategies, upgrades, etc
- Coalitions
- And maybe more...

I'm searching for someone who is willing to update this guide from the top to the bottom, someone who want to to the entire job, not small parts of it. For the one who will help us change this guide, we will award a special medal. PM me if you are interested, or post it in this topic!

Also, if you have suggestions for things that should be added/fixed in the guide, then it will be appreciated (you can also post them in this topic).
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
28.12.2012 - 13:35
I can help with the maps section...!
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
29.12.2012 - 04:58
LFC4Life
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Wr1tt3n by Hugosch, 28.12.2012 at 12:13

I'm searching for someone who is willing to update this guide from the top to the bottom, someone who want to to the entire job, not small parts of it. For the one who will help us change this guide, we will award a special medal. PM me if you are interested, or post it in this topic!

Also, if you have suggestions for things that should be added/fixed in the guide, then it will be appreciated (you can also post them in this topic).

Wr1tt3n by ezzatam, 28.12.2012 at 13:35

I can help with the maps section...!

I think giving one person to do a whole guide is kind of stressful so maybe spread out sections for different players that have a special area in that topic or is willing to do it. That way we could get it done quicker. They deserve credit of course so in the guide you would have "Upgrade section done by Aristo" or w/e.

For example you could use one of both mine and Tesla's tutorials on creating clans :

My Tutorial
Tesla's Tutorial

(Funny we made it around the same time lol).

You could choose whichever one of those tutorials and put it on the section of the guide.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
29.12.2012 - 09:34
AlexMeza
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
^
I agree with LDK.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
29.12.2012 - 09:58
We need tutorials in videos and to be uploaded in youtube best and easy steps,its better then posting in forum guide from atwar with pictures. when i was beginer i dont knowed how to go to in forum on afterwind, i try it to find samething in youtube from afterwind but i found 2-3 videos only. i speak abaut 11 months ago.
is best way to make few videos with guide for example video in youtube with name " how to make maps in atwar game"
i think beginers here dont even know where to find guide in forum but all know how to use youtube.other problem many players dont know english so video with guide is best.thats my opinion
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
29.12.2012 - 10:09
I agree with avatar. It makes more sense to make howTo videos on youtube. although a good step by step tutorial in the forum is also nice
----

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
29.12.2012 - 10:22
LFC4Life
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Wr1tt3n by avatar, 29.12.2012 at 09:58

We need tutorials in videos and to be uploaded in youtube best and easy steps,its better then posting in forum guide from atwar with pictures. when i was beginer i dont knowed how to go to in forum on afterwind, i try it to find samething in youtube from afterwind but i found 2-3 videos only. i speak abaut 11 months ago.
is best way to make few videos with guide for example video in youtube with name " how to make maps in atwar game"
i think beginers here dont even know where to find guide in forum but all know how to use youtube.other problem many players dont know english so video with guide is best.thats my opinion

Yep for once I agree with you avatar. When I was new, I didn't even know there was a FAQ or forum if it weren't for Hugo helping me around.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
29.12.2012 - 10:51
When I get home I can make videos.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
29.12.2012 - 17:22
AlexMeza
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
I got like 10 vids on youtube but some of them are old.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
29.12.2012 - 22:25
I can help with the scenario making.
and with the casualities
and even more
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
30.12.2012 - 02:22
Thanks for the support guys!
I'm ok with splitting it up and give everyone a part. But i was afraid that some parts would not be taken care of if we do so. Also adding the video's seems a cool idea, but i think for some things it is also usefull to have things in the forum (for example a formula for 'attacking/defending' and stuff like that). But yeah, video's are cool.
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
30.12.2012 - 04:31
I can help too
I will make some videos about strategies and coalitions etc.
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
30.12.2012 - 11:06
AlexMeza
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
I can do ELO, strats and Coalitions.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
30.12.2012 - 17:59
I have no problem making a beginner/intermediate tutorial, with pointers and directions.

Beginner: how to attack cities, make alliances, buy units, use chats, use buttons, check battle statistics.

Intermediate: more advanced tactics, tips and tricks, defending, attacking.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to show everything but I can show the essentials etc..
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
30.12.2012 - 20:49
Now we need a AW Social tutorial. I'll make it.

AW Social Tutorial:

1.) When playing a game in AW try not to backstab other players. Gets players mad.
2.) When trying to make friends be nice and moniter the "Room" chat.
3.) Try to avoid "Racial" or "Political" talks. Those attract moderators.

DONE!
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
31.12.2012 - 02:02
LFC4Life
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Wr1tt3n by Deray YG, 30.12.2012 at 20:49

AW Social Tutorial:

1.) When playing a game in AW try not to backstab other players. Gets players mad.

DONE!

We could have this but instead of your rules we put up some of the AW rules to try and implement them from the new generation of AW. That way we may not get many trolls in.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
31.12.2012 - 02:08
Yeah that sound great.

SOCIAL TUTS
----

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
31.12.2012 - 03:06
Thanks for your support guys! I will sort out what we need and check who can do what (and maybe include video's)
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
31.12.2012 - 21:02
Ok, I made a PD and GC guide about a year ago. They're still relevant enough although there might be some out-dated stuff and maybe some things missing. Here they are, if you're a PD or GC expert please add some extra tips along with my guides and from there Hugo can pick and choose what he wants and what he doesn't want etc... It's pretty simple, just tips, expansion against neutrals, upgrades to buy and countries to choose. The basics.

Great Combinator Guide

Tips:
- Use tanks to attack
- Use infantry to defend
- Great Combinator tanks are valuable yet fragile, protect them with a bit of infantry wherever they go
- Use tanks to expand in neutral countries
- Use tanks to attack your enemy's larger stacks before reinforcement week
- Avoid attacking your enemy's large armies if it isn't reinforcement week the following turn
- Reinforce your new frontiers with infantry to defend your tanks
- Create isolation frontiers to block your enemy from advancing in a specific direction. Thus, spam infantry in that city to hold that frontier for as long as possible, for ex; Being France, capture Rome (Italy) and spam infantry to a Turkish player attempting to capture Rome from Athens (Greece)
- Use your general wisely, with Great Combinator, your general is very powerful. Wall your general stack wherever it goes and keep remaking that wall.
- General tank attack and General infantry attack are valuable upgrades for Great Combinator. With these upgrades your general stack is strong both offensively and defensively.
- Use the starting infantry on week 1 to wall important cities and stacks. Also use the infantry to defend your stacks and frontiers.
- Great Combinator is an expensive strategy, always look to buy the right units for the right mission without spending too much money.
- Avoid buying and using air transports for short and medium range assaults. Great Combinator has strong tanks therefore your expansion will still be good.
- Only use air transports for long range missions or to stall or isolate your enemy.
- Stay compact and solid, don't expand from cap-to-cap, knock down every city in your path!
- Look to use naval transports instead of air transports. This will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Use bombers for long range turnblocks and wall breaking.
- Always remember to break walls 2 weeks before reinforcement week to able yourself to attack cities 1 week before to finally capture them on reinforcement week for maximum and lethal damage.
- Never use Great Combinator in 3k or 5k games, it is too expensive and infantry are weak offensively.
- Great Combinator in 10k games is slow to start and requires a rich income zone like North America, the Chinas and Western Europe.
- For 15k games and up, Great Combinator is very powerful, I suggest only using it in those games.

Expansion against neutrals:
1 tank beats 1 militia
2 tanks beats 2 militia
2 tanks beats 3 militia
3 tanks beats 4 militia
4 tanks beats 5 militia
4 tanks beats 6 militia
5 tanks beats 7 militia
5 tanks beats 8 militia

Strategy of Play (buying units)

Defensive GC
Tanks: 30%
Infantry:60%
Other: 10%

Offensive GC
Tanks: 60%
Infantry: 30%
Other: 10%

Mixed GC
Tanks: 45%
Infantry: 45%
Other:10%
Upgrades for Great Combinator

- General: Defence
- General: Tank Attack
- General: Infantry Attack
- General: Movement Range
- Faster Infantry
- Expendable Infantry
- Transport Capacity
- Air Transport Capacity 1
- Air Transport Capacity 2

15k countries for Great Combinator

- Anything in USA
- All Chinas
- France
- Uk
- Germany

Perfect Defence Guide

Tips:
1) use mainly infantry for defending and attacking
2) never use tanks unless your really stuck during expansion
3) it is preferred to use bombers to help out your infantries during attacks
4) with PD's (perfect defence) buff defence it is better to let your enemy attack you rather than attacking him.
5) Estimate where your enemy will attack and reinforce your frontiers with infantry and militia
6) Once you've defended an enemy attack successfully he will lose a lot of units and you can easily capture them with ease and still maintain top defence and control
7) with PD it is better to defend than attack because of PD's poor offensive abilities
8) Avoid attacking enemy cities on reinforcement week.
9) Therefore, you should defend enemy attacks, also while maintaining a good income and expanding to neutrals countries. Once you've defended, attack the enemy the week before reinforcements
10) wall important cities with militia such as capitals and major cities.
11) when defending, take a look at what's needed defensively, sometimes its better to buy militia for your defence rather than infantry.
12) top 5k countries; Austria, Greece

Expansion against neutrals:

2 infantry beats 1 militia
4 infantry beats 2 militia
5 infantry beats 3 militia
6 infantry beats 4 militia
7 infantry beats 5 militia
8 infantry beats 6 militia
9 infantry beats 7 militia
10 infantry beats 8 militia

Upgrades for Perfect Defence

General: Defence
General: Militia HP
General: Infantry Attack
Faster Infantry
Expendable Infantry
Militia
Transport Capacity
Air Transport Capacity 1
Air Transport Capacity 2

10k countries for Perfect Defence

Turkey
France
Ukraine
South Korea
China North
Germany
Uk
China Southeast
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
05.01.2013 - 10:24
 KYBL
I can also help with map creation!
----

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
05.01.2013 - 10:28
 KYBL
Wr1tt3n by Deray YG, 30.12.2012 at 20:49

AW Social Tutorial:

DONE!

4.) Don't ally everyone, it is annoying.
----

L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
18.01.2013 - 08:39

it's me
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
18.01.2013 - 09:30
He's greek not british.^ He just learned english in the UK is all.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
09.02.2013 - 22:40
AlexMeza
4cc0unt d3l3t3d
Bump. Is there going to be a new guide or not?
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.02.2013 - 11:41
Yes AlexMeza, sorry for the late reply on this.

I very much like all your idea's! I wanna get up a new topic (or seperate threats in one forum, not sure) with all guide's made by you guys. I will make some more work of this now! Once completed, i will also look to award trophy for everyone who helped me making this.

I made a 'worklist' of things that has to be done for the guide. Some players already said they wanna help, so i make them responsible for that part. If you also want to help with a bew part, check the list below. Also, if you want to help with one of the assigned parts, contact the player that has its name on that particular part.

To Do:
Assigned jobs

HOWTO; Map and scenario building - Ezzatam
If possible, create a video and also a text- based guide. This is a lot of work, but i'm sure there are a lot of players wanting to help you.

Basic tuturial website - Aristosseur
Already done by Aristo, great vid! Sorry for my late reply, I will user your vid on the guide page for sure!

Strategies (short) - tesla
Make a short guide of all the strategies. With their benefits and disadvantages. Don't go too deep into it, i will make seperate guide's per strategy

Strategies (advanced) - TopHats
Further explenation of do's and don't with strategies. Explaining their playsyle, etc. Make use of the current information that is already on the forum and combine it to a nice guide (just like you did with PD and GC now). Try to avoid summing up all the points, but make it a story. I will use tesla's vids too, for some nice opening moves.

Coalitions - tesla
How to join/create a coalition, what are officers, how to start a CW, how does Competence and seasons work etc.

ELO + Duel system - AlexMeza
Explenation of the duel system (how to start one, how its calculated, etc

Let me know if you don't have time for this, or if you need help!

To Do:
(still need people for these things)

For all the others that are not in this list, i still need help with this things:

Battles
I already got something in the current guide about this, its needs to be checked and updated (or maybe be more extensive).

Finances
There is already something in the current guide. But it needs to be updated.

Upgrades

I'm sure there are a lot other things that can be added in the guide. For everone that has a idea for the guide and want to work on that; post it here so i can add you to the team!! For everyone that wants to do a un-assigned part, let me know!
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
10.02.2013 - 11:50
COOL

will start soon
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
12.02.2013 - 13:21
I will do the game interface in a video as well, talked with abfahren and it'll be around 5 min long. Delivery estimate end of february
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
12.02.2013 - 15:51
Wr1tt3n by Aristosseur, 12.02.2013 at 13:21

I will do the game interface in a video as well, talked with abfahren and it'll be around 5 min long. Delivery estimate end of february

nice one... it would be good to include: buying units, moving units (on transports especially) and walling. Plus other important sutff
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
25.02.2013 - 12:46
Seeing the problems this guy has is perfect for us to view and make a tutorial video for total beginners... try and watch this without saying 'don't do that, move this unit... ahhh!... etc'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TDbCdn2eJ8
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
07.03.2013 - 05:15
I still need help on this topics:

Battles
I already got something in the current guide about this, its needs to be checked and updated (or maybe be more extensive).

Finances

Upgrades

Let me know if you are interested, or if you have more suggestions for the guide. Also if you want to help with the current assign jobs, let me know!
----
L04d1ng...
L04d1ng...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Pr1v4cy | T3rms 0f s3rv1c3 | B4nn3rs | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

J01n us 0n

Spr34d th3 w0rd